Thursday, February 5, 2015

A Secret Identity

Recently, I had to create a new Twitter page for myself. I've had Twitter for about a year now, but was assigned to create a new one - a professional one.
More than anything, it was tedious. When creating a personal social media page, it's easy to choose a bio, a picture, and a style that reflects you. However, when trying to create a professional one, it becomes another part of the job. Am I creating a valuable page? Is it appropriate and professional? What do I choose to update it with?
Personally, I opted for avatars that don't have my face in them. I don't have any recent pictures with plain backgrounds, and thought it was a little ridiculous to take a whole new set of pictures for a whole new Twitter.
It's also important to consider what I post on it. Will I be able to give new information out? What will I post about?
As the Twitter page grows, I'll grow as an educator. I just know that it's a long way off.

No comments:

Post a Comment